Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: P.V. 98

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member dogfacegremlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2005
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    P.V. 98

    Robbins said earlier in the year that this years Vikings are better than the Vikings of 98. Does this mean this years Raiders are better than the 98 Vikings? Just wondering.
    "I'm not here to be loved, I'm here to win."

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: P.V. 98

    no........ it means phil made another idiotic statement.
    Cant we all just get along?

  3. #3
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: P.V. 98

    Pretty sure he didnt say that. Didnt say they were better. He didnt even say they had more talent. He said that they have the most talent SINCE 98.

    And also dont confuse talent with being a good team. there is a HUGE difference.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Rocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21st, 2003
    Posts
    1,914
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: P.V. 98

    it would actually depend on how the person making the statement would define "good team" good team as in winning the games and making accomplishments or good team as in they always stick together and play hard no matter if they are winning or losing. and........... i highly doubt he said that too. but if he did like everyone is saying, then just wow.
    Cant we all just get along?

  5. #5
    Inactive Member blitzer44's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2006
    Posts
    101
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: P.V. 98

    i agree, no leadership or team chemistry. as long as things go good, evryone's okay, as soon as something bad happens the players and THE COACHES start pointing fingers and placing blame. but disipline and leadership start at the top, old saying "you want me to follow, you got to lead"
    HE DIED AS HE LIVED, PROUD AND UNAFRAID.
    PROTECT OUR AMERICA!











  6. #6
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: P.V. 98

    [ QUOTE ]
    And also dont confuse talent with being a good team. there is a HUGE difference.

    [/ QUOTE ]
    EXACTLY! Lots of talent on the team this year BUT, no leadership and sense of being a team, especially on the offensive side. Mitchell being the QB, who IMHO is supposed to be the leader on offense, showed he could care less running out of bounds....no wait JOGGING out of bounds on 4th and 5 against Burton. The team has no disipline whatsoever. Again, this goes back to the no running, and babying Phil hands out during practice these days.
    I'm not trying to make excuses for the Burton game. Obviously Burton was the better team, the Defense one of the best I've ever seen at getting to the ball.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  7. #7
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: P.V. 98

    This coming from the guy who told me less than two weeks ago all we had to do was get in the I and run it. Said it then and I'm saying it again, if you cant run out of spread you cant run it ouf the I.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: P.V. 98

    I dont give a crap if UT was out there, noone coulda run it against it Norton. Their D is unreal. If you cared to watch the game, you could see they couldn;t pass either. I still say they will have a better offense from the I or any run formation. The spread sucks unless you have a very talented, intelligent QB like they did when Brad ran the Offense. Even then, I think they woulda won state if they stuck to the I like they did back in the days before "Brad and Dad" offense.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  9. #9
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: P.V. 98

    If you would actually listen to what I'm saying maybe we could actually discuss this. Do we need to mix it up? Yes. But there is no way in the world that we have can run the ball out of I and other running formations like we did in the 90's. Why? Our O-line, if you cant run the ball out of spread with 6 men in the box how in the world do you think we can run the ball out of I with 8 men in the box? Go back and look at 04 PV had tons of rushing yards out of the spread formation and even in 03. We had two backs over 1000 yards in 03, the formation isn't the problem it's the O-Line plain and simple.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  10. #10
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: P.V. 98

    Your badly mistaken, on more than one occasion, #21 for Burton, was guarding #10 and #12 from PV. When the game was 19-13 I believe. They ran 1 pass and 3 runs, the game was over at that [part, they were on the 20.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •